Brushing your dog’s teeth can be extremely easy and is very beneficial for your pup and yourself!
There are many benefits of brushing your pup’s teeth, but here are the main ones:
1) Health! Just like humans, doggy oral health is directly related to their overall health and by keeping their teeth and mouths clean, you can add years to your dog’s life! Healthy teeth are also important in keeping their chomping skills in tact so they can properly and painlessly chew and digest their food.
2) Breath! Dogs don’t need to be notorious for bad breath, in fact we bet you’ll be begging for kisses from Fido when you start Brushing their teeth (and make sure they’re getting a balanced and healthy diet and have a good chew toy or antler shed to act as daily brushing and flossing).
3) Pretty Smile! We can’t say your dog is as conscious about having pretty pearly whites as humans are, but don’t you want your pup to have a pretty smile to greet you with when you come home?!
1) Spray 3% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide on a toothbrush you’re going to dedicate to your dog to sterilize then rise with clean water.
2) Make sure both you and your dog are in a comfortable position and lift your pup’s lips until you have a good view of all their teeth on one side.
3) Spray 3% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide on your dog’s teeth, and brush with cleaned toothbrush. Work on one side at a time or even in smaller sections if needed.
4) Repeat 1 – 2 times per week or as needed. Some vets will recommend daily brushing if a dog has periodontal issues.
***If your dog absolutely will NOT let a toothbrush in their mouth, the awesome thing about Essential Oxygen 3% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide is that the 8 ounce spray bottle makes it easy to spray directly on their teeth, and then the bubbling will get most of the bacteria without the need for the pesky brushing!