Guest Post By: Michael Morelli
Are you looking for a way to lose weight but you are already tired of the usual tips that are not working? There is a simple but effective way that you can consider in losing weight. With this technique, you do not have to be hard on yourself. All you need to do is to add this wonder seed to your diet and you will certainly have a control over your weight and you can also help improve the condition of your heart and your blood pressure. If you are planning to consider custom meal plan, check out this information about flaxseeds.
What are Flaxseeds?
Flaxseeds are also called linseeds with the scientific name Linum usitassimum. It comes in two varieties namely brown flax and golden flax. This seed has originated from the Middle East and it is known as one of the most ancient crops in the world. This seed is known to have contents that can fight against prostate cancer, skin cancer, and even colon cancer. This is one of the most important effects of the seed that most people do not know about. Aside from this, it also contains antioxidants and fiber that can also be great for your health. It is not a secret that flaxseeds are very helpful in increasing the immune system and in developing the condition of the heart because it contains Omega-3.
Flaxseed and weight loss – the science behind it
If you are planning to lose weight, you can add flaxseed to your food. It can be perfectly added to your drinks or your vegetable salad. It is not really a mystery that flax seeds can be a great help in losing weight. There is a scientific explanation for this. First, it has more amino acid but it has low carbohydrates. With this, you will not easily feel hungry and unhealthy cravings are lessened. This is very important for people who are really serious about losing weight. Aside from this, flax seeds can also assist you in stabilizing blood sugar.
Reasons why you should consume flax seed
Aside from the weight loss effect, there are also other benefits that you will get from flax seed. Here are some of the ways on how it can help you improve your health:
- It helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels among the people who are suffering from diabetes. This is evident because of the levels of antioxidants contained in the seed. If you want to control your diabetes, you should add consume flaxseed regularly.
- It can also be helpful in improving your skin condition and in avoiding skin diseases. With its Omega-3 content, your skin cells will surely be developed healthily. It can be the best moisturizer and hydrant for your skin.
- Flaxseed can also help you strengthen your hair. This is possible because of the Omega-3 acid. This is recommended for people who are experiencing hair breakage.
- It can also help in detoxifying and in fighting asthma and obesity.
- Flax seed can also help in digestion. This will help the body in absorbing more nutrients.
There are other benefits that are not limited to the ones that are enumerated above.
How to use flaxseeds for weight loss
One of the most important things about flaxseed that you need to know is that you can add it to a variety of foods. Here is a list that you can consider:
- Oatmeal and cereals
- Muffins, bread, and toast
- Salads and Sauces
- Pasta and burgers
- Vegetables, chicken, and fish
With all these options that you can choose from, you can easily integrate flax seed to your daily diet. It can be part of your major meals or your snacks.
Recipe of flaxseed for weight loss
Here is a perfect recipe that you can add to your list of food that can be possibly added to flaxseed:
Banana Bread Muffins
This is a perfect recipe because you do not really have to add flour. You will need 2 ripe medium bananas, honey, rolled oats, almond meal, vanilla extract, baking soda and ground flaxseed for this. Here is a simple process on how you can make some flaxseed stuffed muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Prepare the muffin pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until it becomes creamy.
- Pour the mixture in to muffin pan you have prepared.
- Bake it for 10 minutes.
You can now enjoy this healthy banana muffin. It can last for a week if you are going to store it in an air-tight container.
With all the information provided above, flax seed is indeed one of the wonder seeds that are available for everyone. Consider the tips about how you can integrate it into your meals and you will surely enjoy its benefits.
Author: Michael Morelli