Introducing Essential Oxygen's Water Cooler Cleaning Kit, a cleaner way to clean your water cooler. If you want to drink clean water, you need a clean water cooler!
HP Water Cooler Cleaning kit includes a 16 oz. bottle HP | Hydrogen Peroxide, Food Grade, 3%, 8 oz. spray bottle of HP | Hydrogen Peroxide, Food Grade, 3%, a measuring cup, 2 pairs of gloves, a sponge, and a microfiber cloth. Instructions are included in the package for a top loading water cooler.
How to clean your water cooler with HP | Hydrogen Peroxide, Food Grade 3% (bottom loading and top loading):
- Use a funnel to pour the HP cleaning solution into an empty water bottle.
- Install the water bottle and allow water to fill the reservoir.
- Let sit for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Drain the cleaning solution through the spigots.
- Remove the water bottle and discard any remaining cleaning solution.
- Refill the empty water bottle with clean water and allow the reservoir to be filled again.
- Drain again through the spigots.
- For additional rinsing, run 2 gallons of clean water and drain again through spigots.
(manual or gravity fed) spigots.
- Switch OFF the hot tank and disconnect the power cord from the outlet.
- Remove the water bottle, water guard assembly, baffle from reservoir, drip tray and the grate.
- Drain all remaining water from the reservoir through the COLD spigot.
- Put on clean gloves (Item A).
- Half-fill the measuring cup (Item B) with 4 oz. of 3% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide (HP) from the 16 oz. bottle (Item C).
- Pour the HP solution around the interior of the reservoir. Avoid pouring HP solution directly into the left side HOT well nut.
- Dispense a small amount through the ROOM TEMP and COLD spigots. Do NOT dispense the HP solution through the HOT spigot.
- Scrub the entire reservoir surface with the sponge (Item E). Avoid introducing HP solution into the left side HOT well nut. Let the HP solution sit in the reservoir for 10 minutes.
- Take the water guard, baffle, drip tray and grate to a sink and wash with dish soap and scrub with the sponge (Item E). After thoroughly washing and rinsing with clean potable water, spray all items with the HP 8 oz. (Item D) and allow to air dry.
- Spray the exterior surfaces of the cooler, including spigot bodies, colored handles, and dispense area with the HP 8 oz. spray bottle (Item D), allow to sit for 60 seconds then wipe down with the microfiber cloth (Item F).
- Drain the HP solution from the reservoir through the ROOM TEMP and COLD spigots. Do NOT dispense the HP solution through the HOT spigot.
- Fill the blue cup (Item B) with clean potable water and rinse the reservoir draining water through the ROOM TEMP spigot. Repeat. Rinse the reservoir with another cup of clean water and drain through the cold spigot. Repeat rinsing.
- Replace the water guard assembly, baffle, drip tray and grate on the cooler.
- Spray the bottle neck with 3% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide 8 oz. spray bottle (Item D) and wipe with the microfiber cloth (Item F).
- Place a new bottle of water on the water guard assembly and drain a ½ gallon of water through the HOT spigot or ROOM TEMP spigot and ½ gallon of water through the COLD spigot. If any off taste is detected, repeat rinsing through each spigot. Potable water may be substituted for the rinsing.
- Reconnect the power cord into the wall outlet. Switch ON the hot tank.
- You are set! Enjoy your sparkling clean cooler & fresh water. Clean again in 3 to 6 months.
Use Essential Oxygen Water Cooler Kit to keep the inside and the outside of your water cooler pristine.
CDC & EPA advocate hydrogen peroxide as effective against COVID19.
Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide 3% has no toxins or soapiness.
IT'S PLANET POSITIVE
Essential Oxygen’s clean, oxygen-based formulas are regenerative, meaning they make grass greener and oceans cleaner.