- Eco-friendly organic chocolate. The Rainforest Alliance certification means it’s chocolate that’s better for the environment and “shopping the frog” ensures cocoa farmers have good living and working conditions. Find Rainforest Alliance certified chocolate here.
- Honey for your honey! If your lover REALLY loves bees, get them their own hive. We like the Flow Hive because the honey harvests itself, no need to disturb the bees! Not ready to tend to a hive? Get organic local honey from your farmer’s market as a gift for your “Queen Bee”.
- Essential Oxygen Organic Brushing Rinse for you and your kissing partner so you can whiten your teeth and freshen your breath for the big smooching holiday. Bonus: studies show that good oral health can add 6 years to your life, so this gift might add some extra love to your lives! Pro tip: I keep a travel-sized 3 ounce bottle with me at all times so I can steal kisses whenever I want, even after a super garlic-infused meal.
- Instead of cut flowers, more sustainable options are to give living plants, potted flowers, organic seeds, or even a grow-your own organic mushrooms box like the ones Back To The Roots makes! I like Seeds of Change and High Mowing Organic Seeds because they both donate a lot of seeds to schools and urban low income garden projects.
- Ethical jewelry that gives back. Local artists are a great place to get conflict-free and up-cycled items. If you’re going for a big bling, try Brilliant Earth for their sustainable and ethically sourced jewelry or Do Amore, who gives two people in a developing country access to safe water for every ring purchase.
- Organic men’s grooming products. Get your guy to go green with Herban Cowboy organic and natural products that aim to get guys off aerosol spray shave gels and into organic essential oil infused products that come in recycled packaging.
Finally – my favorite free, sustainable, organic gift? A big kiss!!!
Essential Oxygen Director of Communications