By: Emmi Buck, Essential Oxygen
Did Valentine’s Day sneak up on you this year? Have no fear; we have the perfect list of planet-friendly, down-to-the-wire gift ideas for lovers and co-workers alike, all of which can be bought at a Whole Foods near you!
- Roses + 3% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide
- Impress your sweetie / auntie / co-worker with the comb of a lifetime: fresh flowers and Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide (FGHP)! The FGHP will keep the flowers fresh for weeks, boosting the oxygen intake of the flowers and thwarting smelly bacteria from collecting in the water.
- Everyone can take advantage of the Two Dozen Whole Trade® Roses at your local store for just $24.99, every day. Plus, Amazon Prime members save even more with a very special price of $19.99 from February 7–14.
- Fair Trade Chocolate
- Whole Foods has a huge selection on eco-friendly chocolate, so grab a variety! A good combo would be a citrus combo like dark chocolate and orange, plus a nut variety like almonds in semi-sweet chocolate, and round it all out with a spicy option like jalapeno infused chocolate.
- Some brands we like: Theo, TCHO, and Lake Champlain.
- Cheese Plate
- Use your creativity here and pick out 2-3 cheeses, some nuts, possibly olives or fruit, and crackers. Whole Foods has endless combinations of bulk and local option cheeses and fruits; we love brie and local jam combos, or sharp cheddar, sliced apples, and almonds with savory spiced crackers.
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- A Valentine’s Day favorite, this makes a great gift for a crush. Whole Foods will have the berries and chocolate if you’re up to the task of dipping your own (fun tip: add some hearts or custom decorations if you’re doing them yourself!) or the bakery department will have in-house-dipped berries as well!
- Champagne / Wine / Craft Beer
- Whole Foods does a great job of stocking adult beverages that are mindful of the environment, and tend to be local. You can really impress bae by chatting it up with the wine steward to pair your wine/craft beer with an in-house baked bread or other snack. If you’re going for the romantic vibe, bust out the bubbly and buy some fresh raspberries to float in the glass while you’re at it for bonus sexy points.
- Essential Oils
- Whole Foods Market Essential Oils are 25% off until Valentine’s Day, and they make the perfect gift for this sensual holiday. Some popular combos are lavender (relaxing), citrus (uplifting), and peppermint (energizing / cleansing). Bonus points: get an unscented lotion to gift as well, add a few drops of essential oils to the lotion and give your love a nice Valentine’s Day massage as a gift 😉
- Candles Light The Way
- Thistle Farms Hope Candles at Whole Foods are a perfect gift for a family member, friend, or loved one this Valentine’s Day. Each one is hand-poured and made with soy wax and no artificial fragrances. Exclusive to Whole Foods, find scents like Vanilla & Vetiver, Lavender & Lemon, Bergamot & Patchouli, Cardamom & Amber, Peony & Clove or Currant & Cedar.